Preface: Most of us probably remember a teacher whom we admired and appreciated. Jesus, the greatest teacher of all, taught many things pertaining to our spiritual and practical lives. He presented His teachings to different audiences, being careful to adapt His method to each person.
Working without God is like learning to play the piano on your own. You can eventually learn to play by yourself if you work hard, but it is easier if you work with a teacher.
How do you learn to make beautiful music with God? Here are some useful tips:
1. Listen to your Teacher. Teachers know what you need to improve yourself. Likewise,
God knows exactly what you need to become a better person and work for Him. Ephesians 5:17 tells us it is wise to understand what God’s will is. Listen to your heavenly Teacher, and He will guide you through.
2. Follow the music. Reading the Word of God is an excellent way to help you discover how to work with Him. The Bible supplies us with guidelines for daily living, corrections for our behaviors, and examples of people who worked with God (2 Tim. 3:16, 17).
3. Correct your wrong notes. Ask forgiveness for your sins and correct your wrongdoings. You’ll be able to follow God better with a cleaner heart (Rom. 6:17, 18).
4. Improve your technique to become a better player. There are other tools to help you get in tune with God besides reading the Bible. Two of the most important ones are faith and prayer, although there are many other supplements that help us learn how to work with God (Rom.
1. How can you make it easier for God to use you? Be specific.
2. How can we be sure that God is the one asking us to do certain things?
3. What criteria should you use to evaluate God’s voices and commands?
4. What role, if any, do friends, family, and coworkers play in understanding the will of God for your life?