To ensure that spiritual seeds are being planted, local churches should conduct active literature and media ministries. Active means more than an occasional emphasis on distribution of a sharing book. It means a prominent and robust free literature and media display from which church members are trained to take literature to distribute every week. Here are some practical ways to get this started:
1. ELECT a local church publishing director, or assign a personal ministries assistant to oversee the literature and media ministry.
2. CREATE and MAINTAIN a prominent display of truth-sharing literature and media.
3. INCLUDE an offer for Bible studies with every piece of literature or media.
4. ENCOURAGE every member to daily share literature and media from the church’s display and digital media over the internet and social networks.
5. CONDUCT church-wide literature and media distribution projects in your territory with established goals for individuals, departments, Sabbath School classes, and the church.
6. PROVIDE leadership support—promotion, financial support, and participation.
7. PRAY for laborers and for the salvation of souls through the literature and media ministry.
For more information on the planting stage and the Grow cycle, visit https://grow.adventist.org/plant/.